An exclusive bottling of a Speyside Single Malt Whisky on a cask of one of the most traditional of Belgian beers, specially selected for you.
For the ‘Glen Moray à la Belge’ we married 3 casks of 11 year old Speyside Single Malt Scotch whisky in a Kriek Cantillon butt. This marriage took place on 3th October 2018.
After about 1 year and 5 months we put an end to the finishing period and found the time ripe to bottle this unique, bold, aromatic whisky with a Belgian twist.
In the picture above you can see the evolution of the natural color of the whisky going from a pale yellow on the left hand side, over a bright orange, amberish color to a nice brownish, orange color on the right hand side. Basically going from the original Scotch whisky, over a 6 months finish in the middle and to an fully finished whisky on the right.
In the bottom left hand side corner you see the 3 Glen Moray Single Malt Scotch whisky casks and on the bottom right hand side the Kriek Cantillon butt.
Because the 3 Glen Moray casks didn’t fit completely in the Cantillon butt we also have some of the original Glen Moray Single Malt Scotch whisky available as it was before we finished it. This gives you a really good idea on the effect the finish had on the whisky.
- Glen Moray Single Malt Scotch whisky matured in 3 separate sister casks to be married in 1 Kriek Cantillon butt.
- Concept: a small beer-whisky box with 2 bottles of 35cl of Speyside Single Malt Whisky at 54,8° and 2 bottles of 37,5cl Kriek Cantillon Beer at 5,5°.
- Distilled, matured en bottled in Scotland
- Unchillfiltered – Natural Colour
- Cask Strength: 54.8% Vol.
- 10 years in refill Bourbon cask
- 1 year 5 months finished in Cantillon Kriek butt
- Distilled: 30/10/2008
- Reracked: 3/10/2018
- Bottled: 09/03/2020
- Bottles: 1082 (35 cl)
How to Order
Pre-ordering is currently possible for customers of Part I: Arran à la Belge and subscribers to the newsletter.
Orders will open to the public very soon and are exclusively possible via the webshop of Thistle.